Week 1- Topic Overview
Week 2- Book Discussion
- Which part of the book did you find most interesting and why?
- Name a fact that you learned while reading this book.
- What other information would you like to know after reading this book?
- What did you like least about this book?
- If you got a chance to ask the author of this book one question, what would it be?
- What do you think the author’s purpose was in writing this book?
- What words would you use to describe Clara Barton?
- Would you like to have Clara Barton as a friend? Why or why not?
- If you were to suggest this story to a friend, what would you say?
- Rate this book from one to ten and explain why you gave it that rating.
Week 3- Craft/Activity
- What do you think your greatest strength is, and why?
- How do you use that strength in school? In friendships? In hobbies or sports? At home?
- What strengths do you think (family member or friend) has?
- How can we work on using our strengths more, instead of focusing on our weaknesses?
Week 4- Service Project
Since Clara Barton was involved with helping soldiers on the battlefield, for this month’s service project we will be writing letters to active duty soldiers.
To email a soldier: forgottensoldiers.org/write-a-soldier
To write physical letters for military or first responders: operationgratitude.com/partnerships/toolkit/
Encourage the girls to draw a picture to go along with their letters.